Courses for Journalists/Artists & Musicians/English Language courses for Business Professionals
Training for Journalists
Develop skills to work as a professional journalist in print/radio/TV and online - course for people who either want to break into journalism, or further develop their skills (appropriate for native and non-native speakers of English).
By the end of the course you will know how:
- to contact artists, politicians, agents/managers and editors and then set up an interview
- to structure an interview and ask effective questions to get a strong response (inc. questions to avoid)
- to research/edit your work (inc. advice on key resources and processes)
- to approach editors to try and place your interview, or self-publish.
These courses include original material, based on my many years experience as a professional journalist and also published/broadcast examples to study. The focus of the course will depend on student needs, but by the end allow you to work as a journalist with confidence.
Media Training for Artists & Musicians
Get personalised feedback and individual training on how to best present yourself to journalists, in interview situations and other contexts, including online. This coaching can be either a stand-alone course, or ongoing coaching.
All training programs will focus on how:
- to present your work and career in a professional way, from first contact, whether by messages/email or phone contact
- to best contact journalists or magazines to interest your work, including how and when to involve your publicist/manager
- to answer interview questions in an effective and engaging way, including tips on how the journalist will be thinking and what they are looking for and how to avoid common mistakes
- to maintain relationships with journalists and media professionals.
This coaching can also include advice - and written support -for websites and promotional material.
To sign up and find out more information, please go here.